Our client, a global and well-established hedge fund, is looking for a paralegal to sit within the firm's in-house legal function.
The ideal candidate would be a paralegal with some knowledge of the buy-side trading documentation framework. The role will be to assist the Legal team to support the client's ongoing trading requirements, new launches, projects, regulatory compliance matters and dealing with queries on an ad hoc basis.
• Liaising with internal teams, including front-office, operations, compliance and middle-office accounting.
• Assisting with the review, drafting and negotiation of certain trading agreements.
• Coordinate the execution of documents, liaising with the directors and counterparties as required.
• Central documentation list maintenance.
• Maintenance of various document management systems and databases.
• Assist with projects as required.
Experience / Skills Required:
• Articulate, with excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Strong academics and degree educated.
• Legally trained / prior paralegal experience within a trading legal team is preferred but not absolutely essential.
• Be able to work both independently and as part of the team.
• Must be able to prioritise/drive for execution.
• Ability to exercise judgment.
• The ability to prioritise effectively and manage a generous workload.
• Attention to detail is essential.
Rutherford is a boutique search firm that specialises in legal, financial crime and compliance recruitment within the financial services and legal sector, with London and New York being the main focus. We use our carefully curated relationships, networks and market knowledge to find the best fit for the clients in hand. We work with a wide range of clients, spanning from advisors, corporate and commercial banks, brokers, exchanges, MTFs and financial tech, through to global investment managers, hedge funds, private equity firms and investment banks.
We are currently looking for regionally-located Compliance Officers from the following areas who would be interested in working for London firms on an interim WFH basis: Kent, East Sussex, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Surrey or Hampshire.
We are also interested in hearing from candidates in Manchester, Birmingham, Oxford, Winchester and Salisbury.